insulated concrete forms (ICF)
Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) homes are ideal in our coastal living environment. Shows Construction is an experienced ICF builder and believes that you should consider this option for your new custom home.
1. Energy Savings
- Walls provide a Thermal Resistance Rating of R-24 +and can save up to 50% on utility costs.
- Heating and cooling units can be downsized for additional savings.
2. Strength and Safety
- Walls exceed Miami-Dade Hurricane Codes.
- Walls meet three hour fire resistance rating.
3. Peace and Quiet
- ICF walls allow less than one-third as much sound to pass through as ordinary framed walls.
- Homeowners will rarely hear outside noises.
4. Environmentally Friendly
- Less material waste than wood-framed.
- Excellent indoor air quality.
- Fewer trees are harvested than for wood-framed homes.
5. Exterior Finish
- ICF will accept any exterior finish: Vinyl, wood, stucco and brick.
- From the exterior, you can not tell the difference from a wood framed home.
6. Overall Savings
- Savings of up to 50% on utility costs.
- Homeowner Insurance deduction possible up to 20%.
- Less maintenance and repair.
- Increased resale value over traditional wood-framed homes.
Please give us a call with any questions you have about this innovative building method. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850-478-4414.